What you can donate to Green Heart Collective
Green Heart Collective welcomes your donations. We can help find a new home for your unwanted clothes and books.
Before you come down to our either of our premises*, check our list for what you can donate to us.
We have also put together some resources for where you can take the items that we cannot accept.
*You can drop off donations at:
N.B our Team Valley Warehouse Will Be Closed after 5pm on 8th September 2023.
- Our Team Valley warehouse at Unit 4 Perth Court, Eleventh Avenue North, Team Valley Trading Estate, Gateshead, NE11 0NJ. Opening hours 10am-4pm Tuesday-Friday.
- Our brand new shop on Gateshead High Street at 231 High Street, Gateshead, NE8 1AS. Opening hours 10am-5pm Tuesday-Friday and 10am-4pm on Saturday.
Donate Clothes, Books and More in Gateshead
Looking for a new hassle free way to clear out your wardrobe? If you have quality women's clothing, why not try our brand new initiative swish.plus.
Items we take – (as of 23/08/2023)
- Women’s Clothing (no shoes, underwear or nightdresses please).
- Men’s Clothing (again no shoes, underwear or sleepwear, please).
- Adult and Children’s Books.
- Suitcases (functional, in good working order) to be donated to Peace of Mind North East.
- Old shoeboxes, cardboard packaging, mailing bags etc ( we reuse these to send out our online orders).
All items need to be from smoke free homes, clean and in good condition.
We do not take these items – here's where to take them
|Used bras||Against Breast Cancer|
|Shoes||Donate to your nearest charity shop|
|Children's Clothes||Donate to your nearest charity shop|
|Used nightwear & Underwear||We do not accept used nightwear, underwear or swimming costumes. Can you reuse or recycle at a textile bank?|
|Electrical items||Can you recycle instead?|
|Furniture||Try OrangeBox North East or Foundations Furniture|
|Toys||Donate to your nearest charity shop|
|CDs, DVDs, Videos including Video Games||Donate to your nearest charity shop|
|Towels and Bedding||Support a homeless charity, or animal shelters|
|Curtains and Cushions||Donate to a local charity, or recycle at textile banks|
|Lampshades||Donate to your nearest charity shop|
|Rags||Some charities take rags, or recycle|
|Bike Helmets||If damaged, they're unsafe & hard to recycle due to mixed materials. If unused, try giving away locally|